Domain does not update when service is republished

07-12-2023 07:51 AM
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a feature service which references an Enterprise gdb feature class. I created a new domain, applied it to one of the fields in the feature class, and overwrote the service (Enterprise 11.1). Despite everything saving correctly and publishing correctly, I'm not able to select from the values in the domain when I go to edit the feature in a web environment. Also, the REST endpoint does not show the coded values in the attribute info. 

This has been kind of a long running problem - sometimes a similar issue will get fixed if I overwrite a service like 10 times, and other, like now, I just can't get the changes to stick.

12 Replies
rdeuterman
New Contributor

@ZachBodenner  what version of Pro are you attempting to overwrite from? We encountered this issue in Pro 3.0 just this week. Publishing from Pro 3.1, instead, appears to have been the resolution. 

ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

We're on 3.1.2. It's been an ongoing issue, but not always, so it's definitely not out of the question that Pro version might have something to do with it.

rdeuterman
New Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation and sorry that wasn't the fix for you! I found your question when looking into our own issue, so at least you can take some comfort in knowing you are not alone in experiencing this. Hopefully it does not continue to be a problem...

0 Kudos
JBeasley
New Contributor III

Hello, did you find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same thing, AGE 11.1, and Pro 2.9 through 3.1.3. I thought upgrading Pro may fix it, but no dice. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

No, not really. I noticed one day that the domain was functioning and that was it. I'd like to keep this post as unsolved in case anyone can come up with a reason why it works seemingly at random. 

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Shameless self-service bump, I'm having the issue again on another service.

0 Kudos
Daniel_McDonald
New Contributor II

I'm also going through this awful experience, I have a ticket in and will let you know if I learn more.

ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks! I paid more attention this last time, and it literally just took me waiting about 36 hours. Two days after logging a ticket with ESRI explaining this issue, suddenly the domain was updated. I have no further explanation, so I'd love to hear what you come up with.

MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, doesn't seems like an update will fix the issue based on your experience.

0 Kudos