Domain does not update when service is republished

07-12-2023 07:51 AM
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a feature service which references an Enterprise gdb feature class. I created a new domain, applied it to one of the fields in the feature class, and overwrote the service (Enterprise 11.1). Despite everything saving correctly and publishing correctly, I'm not able to select from the values in the domain when I go to edit the feature in a web environment. Also, the REST endpoint does not show the coded values in the attribute info. 

This has been kind of a long running problem - sometimes a similar issue will get fixed if I overwrite a service like 10 times, and other, like now, I just can't get the changes to stick.

12 Replies
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

In my case it was not a completly new domain, just a new value to an existing domain. However I could see the new domain value if I went to the REST interface and used the queryDomains operation on my layer. for example  https://myserver/mywebadaptor/rest/services/myservice/FeatureServer/queryDomains

But I could not see my new domain value in the layers page https://myserver/mywebadaptor/rest/services/myservice/FeatureServer/[mylayerid] and therefor not in my webapps either.

I was asked by Esri sweden support to just restart the service, I thougt I had tried this, but this time it worked to just stop and start the service from ArcGIS Server Manager. I tried adding another new domain value, and it was the same, republishing the service is not enought, it does show up in the queryDomains but not on the layers page. Restarting the service from ArcGIS Server Manager solved it again.

DavidFlack
New Contributor III

@MattiasEkström we found the same issue at 3.2.  Restarting the service in ArcGIS Server Manager also updated the domain in our feature layer.

0 Kudos
amyw
by
New Contributor II

I was having the same issue in ArcGIS 3.2.2.  I ran "assign domain to field" even though the data model field editor showed the renewed domain name & I saved the changes.  This extra step seemed to resolve same issue I was having in overwriting a web layer with an update to a coded-value domain.  The domain updated this time!

0 Kudos