ERROR 404

08-08-2013 06:51 AM
gabrielvazquez
New Contributor
We recently installed ArcGIS Server 10.1. It was running fine, we could acces manager and the rest services. However out of the blue we began to recieve HTTP Error 404.0 not found when attempting to access manager or the rest directory. This occurs remotely and while logged into the server. I assumed it was the port 6080, however we have a specific rule for that and its working for other sites. I've checked .net and its running at 4.0, i've also re-installed server twice and it still is giving me the same 404 error.
Has anyone encounted a similar error and if so do you have any steps that I didnt mention above?

Also, we are running Windows server 2008 R2.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Did you check the ArcGIS Server logs for errors?  They can be viewed in server manager.
0 Kudos
ClintGarrison
New Contributor
Richard,
when you say server manager do you mean the Arc Server Manager that he is saying he cant access or the Windows server manager?
Im suddenly having the same issues. How can we access Arc Server Manager other than through a website?

Thanks,
CG
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Can you access server manager via the web on the server which is hosting ArcGIS Server?

Server manager can only be accessed via the web.

That said, I believe that you can still check the log files by looking for them on the server which is hosting ArcGIS Server.
0 Kudos