Error handling service request: Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is:

09-21-2012 12:07 AM
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

ArcGIS 10.1 server was working fine till yesterday.But suddenly I am getting error when i am trying to access our link
(http://localhost:8001/arcgis/rest/services/............../MapServer).See the error below.Pls help me to solve this issue...

Error: Error handling service request: Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.ArcGISServerEJBException: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.AGSException: AutomationException: 0x80070005 -
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
NicCampbell
New Contributor
did anyone use a soe with the arcgis service?

I'm using an SOE.  I had this same problem after enabling the debug Settings under GIS Server -> Extensions -> Debug Settings and setting the port range to 9000 - 9005.  Once I disabled debugging of extensions, the error wend away.
0 Kudos
SebastiánVázquez
New Contributor II

although this thread is quite old, I've had the same problem recently. I solved it by doing the following: I reassigned privileges to the arcgis server account (just the wizard) and restarted the server. AGS is behaving perfectly well again.

Hope this helps.

DarwinQuispe
New Contributor II

It worked for me too, at least until now.

0 Kudos