Error when publish a map to ArcGIS spatial data server 10.1

08-30-2012 07:26 AM
PongthepMiankaew1
New Contributor
Hi,

I have added XY data from a table named ???student??? and I can display XY points on the ArcMap 10.1.
But I failed publishing the map to my spatial data server.
Actually, everything is fine. I can Analyze with no error or warning, I can preview the map, but when I click Publish, the below error occurs:

???Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed???
???ERROR: code:400,, Table ???DBO.%Student_Features??? was not found in the datasource., Bad syntax in request.???
???Please consult the GP Results Windows for enhanced error description.???

Please advise.
Thank you for your helps,

Pongthep
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KevinGooss
Occasional Contributor
not exactly a solution but you could try changing the name of your data table or possibly copying to a different location or geodatbase to see if that solves the issue.
also, have you registered your data source with arcserver or are you allowing it to copy it?
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Pongthep,

It's odd that the error text says "table �??DBO.%Student_Features�?? not found in the datasource" since Error 400 = Duplicate inputs are not allowed...  Did the Geoprocessing results show any additional messages?

Could you describe how you added the points to ArcMap?  I notice that the first time I drag a table (containing an ID, lat, and long columns only) from the Catalog tree into ArcMap it puts a percent sign in front of it...I wonder if that is making it so that ArcGIS isn't recognizing the table in your database.
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
I'm having the same issue.  I originally dragged my table from ArcCatalog and based my XY Event layer off of that, then I left the originally dragged table in ArcMap but created an XY event layer by going directly to the datasource.  Upon publishing I recieved the message stated above.  However, my table that the message stated was not found was just my table name with _Features concatenated on it.  Any help would be gladly appreciated.
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
I did some research and found that the problem is that the feature service source must be in the database (or geodatabase).  The XY event layer isn't a table in the database, it is a layer in ArcMap.  When publishing, the spatial data server is looking for the event layer in the database, but it doesn't exist.

You could publish the XY event layer as a map service to ArcGIS Server.  But since Spatial Data Server only uses feature services, what you are attempting to do is not possible.
0 Kudos