Error while installing ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 with config-store/directories on Azure Files

a week ago
AbhishekSingh
New Contributor III

I am trying to Install ArcGIS Enterprise using JSON script such that the Server Config-Store/Directories and Portal Content is configured on shared files hosted on Azure Files. 
The code used is as follows - 

"ContentDirectoryLocation": "\\\\xxxxxxxx.file.core.windows.net\\xxxxxx\\portal\\content"
"PortalContentCloudStorageAccount":{
"UserName": "xxxxxxxx.file.core.windows.net",
"Password": "xxxxxx",
"CloudStorageType": "AzureFiles",
"AzureFileShareName": "xxxxxx",
"CloudNamespace": "portal" 
}

wtih similar entries for 
ServerDirectoriesRootLocation
ConfigStoreCloudStorageAccount

while trying to configure this gives an error - Failed to create site. Configuration Store Error. Cannot get persistence. The specified location is not accessible. 
AbhishekSingh_0-1714093724131.png

I have checked that the location can be accessed through mapping a network location and service account has 'full control' on the location. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @AbhishekSingh 

Have you seen the Community article Configure ArcGIS Server to use Azure file share?

In the article, @ChristopherPawlyszyn describes how to do this using cmdkey before using the UNC path.

Maybe something you could set up before running your script?   

I hope the above may be of some help.

Miguel
0 Kudos
AbhishekSingh
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response @MiguelParedes 
I explored the cmdkey option, looking at the syntax it should be something like this - 
cmdkey /add:xxxx.file.core.windows.net /user:AZURE\xxxxxx/pass:xxxxxx
and this would can be executed with the ArcGIS service account user, am I understanding this correctly?

In my case, the installation (or ArcGIS account user) is a gMSA account, therefore, I am not sure on how to use this cmdkey effectively. would you have any ideas on that?

0 Kudos