Feature service webhooks error at 11.0

Jump to solution
08-23-2023 03:52 AM
bogdanpalade2
New Contributor III

Hi!

I am trying to create a feature service webhook and I use ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0. I have read that webhooks are in beta version at 11.0, but still, I want to make sure that I am doing everything OK.

When creating the webhook I get the following error: "Error: Feature Service must have Editing and Change Tracking enabled without Sync".

However, checking the feature service properties in the Portal, it looks to me that my setting are OK. I attach screenshot of my settings.

Anybody could advise on this?

settings.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 when you check the "Keep track of who edited the data" option there, it does not actually update the FeatureService with the required setting. You'll need to manually go into the Rest Admin for the service and update the capabilities to include ChangeTracking using the UpdateDefinition endpoint.

eg.

https://server.com/rest/admin/services/Hosted/MyFS/FeatureServer/updateDefinition

{'capabilities':'Query, Editing, Create, Update, Delete, ChangeTracking'}}

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 when you check the "Keep track of who edited the data" option there, it does not actually update the FeatureService with the required setting. You'll need to manually go into the Rest Admin for the service and update the capabilities to include ChangeTracking using the UpdateDefinition endpoint.

eg.

https://server.com/rest/admin/services/Hosted/MyFS/FeatureServer/updateDefinition

{'capabilities':'Query, Editing, Create, Update, Delete, ChangeTracking'}}

bogdanpalade2
New Contributor III

Hi Kevin!

Thank you for your reply! However, when I try to access the "update definition", I get the following error:

"Could not find ressource or operation 'updateDefinition' on the system". I attach a screenshot of the error.

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @bogdanpalade2 - You're attempting to get to updateDefinition from the Server Admin - updateDefinition is in the REST Services Admin, its a very subtle difference.

Your URL will look something like

SERVER.COM/server/rest/admin/services/Hosted/MyFeatureServiceName/FeatureServer/updateDefinition

0 Kudos
bogdanpalade2
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Kevin! This was the solution!

0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @bogdanpalade2 , @KevinHibma 

I'm also trying to create webhooks in Enterprise11.1.

I was wondering if your data is being submitted through Survey123? 

It seems Sync must be enabled for this but then 'TrackChanges' can't be on, so defeats the whole purpose if Sync is disabled users can't submit data and there are no changes to be tracked!

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Sync is not currently supported with ArcGIS Enterprise Hosted Feature Service webhooks. We have an enhancement to add support. However, adding this level of support comes with some technical challenges, as such, I can't offer any sort of timeframe of when/if we'll achieve this.

0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for getting back to me. That really is a pity.

Is there any other way around this in the meantime?

I don't need Sync as we're not offline. Can Survey123 be used for submissions without Sync turned on?

I get the error below when it's off.

RachelS_0-1711028600564.png

I'm trying to send an email when a new feature is created in feature services of Enterprise.

0 Kudos