GP tool parameter not published together with other parameters when shared as web tool

Jump to solution
11-03-2022 12:11 AM
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am currently working with ArcGIS Pro version 3.0 and ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 that is federated to a Portal site. 

I am trying to publish a geoprocessing tool from ArcGIS Pro ("Reconcile Versions") to my portal so that I can call it as a GP service in workflow manager server. 

The problem that I'm facing right now is that the parameter "Input Workspace" does not get published together with the rest of the tool's parameters (Target version, Edit version, etc...). For context, my input workspace is the published feature service URL that is being used in my branch versioning editing workflow.

Also, when I checked if I could configure the "Input Workspace" parameter in the Share Web Tool contents tab, the option to edit the parameter is disabled/greyed out because ArcGIS Pro has determined it is a constant value (see attached image). I assume that this is why the parameter is not being published compared to the others. However, I see no way for it to be amended to a user-input and it is just stuck at a constant value.  

My question is: How can I get this "input workspace" parameter published with the other parameters when I am sharing the Reconcile Versions GP tool as a web tool so that the parameter is visible to the user when I call it as a GP service?

Thanks for reading! 

- Eva

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you see this link

Solved: GP Service - Enabled parameter not showing - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Nope, this is my first time seeing it. Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
MariePayne1
New Contributor

I have exactly the same issue posted here, the "input workspace" is not preserved during publishing. If it is set as a constant value, this value is not referenced when running the tool in a WebApp. I am still getting an error noting that the "input workspace" is invalid, but this only shows up after publication.