HELP: Add Linux ArcGIS Server to Cluster with config store on SMB(\\MySrvr\arcgis\)

11-04-2013 03:19 PM
BryanKaraffa
New Contributor III
I am currently running a multi-server ArcGIS Server 10.2 Cluster (2 Web-Adaptors, 2 GIS Servers) and am trying to add a Linux server running ArcGIS 10.2 to the existing cluster.  I have installed ArcGIS Server 10.2 on a new linux machine successfully but am trying to join the existing ArcGIS Cluster via the web interface and am receiving an error because the Linux Server can't connect to the shared samba folder with the registered data sources and arcgis server configuration files.  My Windows Servers have no problems connecting during this step because we have setup the arcgis user accounts to have matching credentials (permitting access automagically).

Error I am receiving:
Failed to join the site 'http://XXXXXX:6080/arcgis/admin/'. Server machine 'http://XXXXXX:6080/arcgis/admin//machines/register' returned an error. 'Failed to register the server machine 'XXXXXX'. Machine 'XXXXXX' cannot access 'AGS-RAID DATA', '\\ags-raid\arcgisserver\', '\\ags-raid\data\' data store(s) registered with the site. Please ensure that the ArcGIS Server account has read and write access to the data store(s).'

Current Site Config:
Type                       Location
Configuration Store     \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\config-store
Cache                       \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache
Jobs                        \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisjobs
Output                      \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput
System                      \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem

I am almost certain this is an issue with Linux + SMB.  My next step was to try creating a user 'arcgis' with credentials that match the arcgis user in the existing ArcGIS Server instances and trying to run/config ArcGIS Server running as the arcgis user instead of root. 

If someone has already experienced this issue and has a solution, any information would be much appreciated!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Joining a site using Linux is a real pain. Not much documentation either. If I can find some docs, I'll post
0 Kudos