IIS Web Adaptor 11.1 would not install with .NET hosting bundle 6.0.22; but 6.0.18 worked

09-29-2023 09:46 PM
CalvinHarmin
New Contributor III

I am in the process of doing an in-place upgrade of my Enterprise 10.8.1 base deployment to 11.1. 

I have a separate virtual servers running Windows Server 2016 for Portal, Server, and Datastore. Web Adaptors for Portal and Server are each installed on their respective machine. IIS version 10.

After running Portal 11.1 upgrade successfully, the IIS Web Adaptor 11.1 installer would not let me begin its installation even though I had installed the .NET 6 hosting bundle 6.0.22 (and the Microsoft Web Deploy as well). It specifically gave me a popup when running the installer that it could not continue because .NET 6 hosting bundle  was not installed. After restarting the machine, restarting IIS, repairing the installation of the hosting bundle, etc, there was no change. However, after uninstalling the hosting bundle and instead downloading and installing the 6.0.18 hosting bundle version, it worked. 

I just wanted to see if anyone else could replicate this, or a warning if someone else is tearing their hair out as well. 

2 Replies
KirkWebb
New Contributor III

I am having this same problem.  However, I am installing 11.2 and first tried .net 6.0.25.  I tried your solution of installing .net 6.0.18 instead but this didn't work for me.  I also tried a few other .net versions but did it did not work.  I also installed web diploy 3.6 so that isn't the issue.  I checked to make sure .net 6.x is installed and it is.  As last effort, I decided to try to install web adaptor 11.1.  This gave me the same message that .net needs to be installed.  If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@KirkWebb - please open a ticket with Esri Technical Support to investigate further.

I am adding the links below as reference in case someone else runs into an issue.

Esri Technical Support - ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 requires <PrerequisiteSoftware>. Please see t...

ArcGIS Web Adaptor 11.2 system requirements

MarceloMarques_0-1701970889950.png

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos