Integrate portal with IWA before or after Federating?

Jump to solution
04-28-2023 04:56 AM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

We are setting up a new multi server, 11.1 Enterprise deployment.  I have my notes from our last 10.x deployment but I did not document if integration with IWA should be completed on Portal before or after federation.  Does it matter? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Because IWA is configured at the Web Adaptor level for Portal, it can be configured any time. Most often I have seen it configured after federation, to confirm Enterprise is working as intended first, but no it doesn't matter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Because IWA is configured at the Web Adaptor level for Portal, it can be configured any time. Most often I have seen it configured after federation, to confirm Enterprise is working as intended first, but no it doesn't matter.

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I ended up Integrating after Federating the Portal.  The only downside is all the existing content on the ArcGIS Servers was assigned to the portal account used when Federating.  It was not too hard to use the "Transfer Content"  option on the member's list to assign the content to the appropriate domain user.

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi @LanceCole ,

(same), are you going to do HA Enterprise 11.1 with Windows single sign-on, ADFS for AD users and groups too?

0 Kudos