Is there a way to open images from Enterprise sites in another tab

Jump to solution
12-27-2023 09:56 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have been uploading some images of maps for different departments. The only way I've seen to be able to open one in another tab is via a link, however I am uploading my maps - not using a link. I would rather not go in and add a bunch of maps into my Portal. Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

For images added via the Upload option on the Image card, the main workaround I can think of which doesn't involve a hosted image link is providing guidance to users to right-click the image and choose "Open image in new tab" (in Chrome, or the equivalent in other browsers).

Depending on the reason for needing the image to be opened in a new tab and the broader use case, you could also explore creating/embedding a simple Experience Builder app to wrap the images and embed that in the site. 

-Rylee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

For images added via the Upload option on the Image card, the main workaround I can think of which doesn't involve a hosted image link is providing guidance to users to right-click the image and choose "Open image in new tab" (in Chrome, or the equivalent in other browsers).

Depending on the reason for needing the image to be opened in a new tab and the broader use case, you could also explore creating/embedding a simple Experience Builder app to wrap the images and embed that in the site. 

-Rylee