Issue with Importing ArcGIS Server Services and Site From Windows to Linux

03-19-2024 10:42 AM
2spatial
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to import ArcGIS Server services and a site configuration from a Windows environment to a Linux server. However, I've encountered a significant issue that's hindering my progress.

Error Message:
When attempting the import, I receive the following error message: 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 131722.png

Steps Taken:

I ensured that the ArcGIS Server versions match on both the Windows and Linux servers.
I followed the standard procedure for exporting the site from the Windows server and attempted to import it into the Linux server.

Questions:

• Has anyone encountered this specific issue when migrating services and sites between different operating systems?
  • Are there any known workarounds or solutions to successfully import a site and services from a Windows environment to a Linux server without encountering this restore point issue?

Any insights, suggestions, or guidance on how to overcome this challenge would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

The error message you are receiving is telling you what the issue is. You can't do a backup/restore from Windows to Linux. Like, you can't take a WebGISDR backup from a Windows environment and restore it to a Linux environment. And the same goes for the individual components too, I believe. Like Portal, Data Store, and Server. 

I'm not aware of any workarounds except manually recreating all of your content.

0 Kudos