Losing connection to ArcGIS Server, Portal, and map services

a week ago
BarryG
by
Occasional Contributor

We are running a Federated environment of ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 (all patches applied), and just recently started having issues with losing connections to ArcGIS Server, Portal, and map services. It is noticed when map services do not load in a web application, then cannot open login pages to any of the above services. Everything is back up as normal within approximately twenty minutes.

I have checked the Windows Server system logs, the ArcGIS Server statistics reports, and nothing is out of the ordinary. It happens at random times, random intervals.

Has anyone else experienced such a thing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, honestly I am tracking several instances of the same scenario in my Staging and Production systems.

0 Kudos
barryguidry1
New Contributor II

Are you on Enterprise version 11.1 as well? Any idea what may be causing this?

0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Have you installed the ArcGIS Web Adaptor reliability patch for IIS?

https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2023/arcgis-web-adaptor-iis-11-1-reliability-update-2...

This doesn't show up on the "Check for Enterprise updates" tool which is shipped with ArcGIS Enterprise.

The patch is required to resolve issues, as you've described, which can be brought on from complex map services being rendered in a map. 

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos
barryguidry1
New Contributor II

Yes, I have installed it, when this first started, but was surprised just yesterday when it happened again. - Thanks.

0 Kudos
Clayton-Cooley
New Contributor III

Hate to say it but we've had similar issues after upgrading to 11.1 back in February. I've had a consultant look at it, Esri support, and our IT Department look at it but no one has any idea what's causing the issue. We've applied every patch available to no avail. At this point it's too late to roll back to 10.9.1, where everything was working just fine. 

I posted about this about a month ago here: Re: Issues with Enterprise 11.1 After Upgrade - Esri Community

We followed all the steps recommended in that thread, but nothing has helped. Still randomly getting signed out of Web Apps after about 10 minutes of use. 

For us, it only happens on the web side. Mobile apps work just fine.