Named user for Arcgis portal

05-09-2017 09:59 AM
emisdev2dev2
New Contributor

Hi all,

we we are going to have two advanced arcgis server license for production and also we will have two advanced arcgis server license for staging. In our deployment we will install arcgis portal now my question is

1.how many named users I will get arcgis portal

2. Will I get named users for arcgis online also.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
emisdev2dev2
New Contributor

Derek Law‌ please help

we ha also 1 arcgis desktop advanced and 4 arcgis desktop standard licenses and 10 arcgis basic licenses so in total how many named users we will get for portal and arcgis online

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi emisdev2 dev2,

Which level of ArcGIS Server Advanced do you have: Workgroup or Enterprise? As this will affect the number of named user accounts you get for use with Portal for ArcGIS. Please refer to this doc for specific details:

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 Functionality Matrix

(see page 7 for the name user entitlements you get with each level and edition)

ArcGIS Enterprise does NOT include any named user accounts for ArcGIS Online.

With respect to ArcGIS Desktop, I believe you get 1 named user account for every license of ArcGIS Desktop on maintenance. See here: Add More Value to ArcGIS for Desktop. And you can choose if you want to use the named user for ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.

However, I suggest you contact your local Esri account manager/Distributor to determine a specific count on how many named user accounts you get with your licensed software as they would be the best person to ask.

Hope this helps,