New Map Viewer - Change default Geocode locator?

Jump to solution
08-23-2023 08:31 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Is there any way to change the default locator from ESRI's to our local one if we have one built out? I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I need to add it to Ideas.

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can change the default at the organization level. If your locator is added to the org, you can either move it higher in the list or remove the ESRI one entirely.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can change the default at the organization level. If your locator is added to the org, you can either move it higher in the list or remove the ESRI one entirely.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

Steve,

In ArcGIS Online the settings are under Organization > Settings > Utility services:

agol_geocoding.png

Bernie.

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I'm not the admin of our Portal so I'll have to pass this info along but thanks for pointing me to the setting. Still a shame that you can't change this at the user level like you can within widget options in WAB.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Well, since you mention it, you can set locator settings in apps still, whether that's Experience Builder or some Instant App. I don't think you could set the locator settings in the classic map viewer either, could you?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

If I wasn't clear, that was the point I was trying to make is that you could set it in WAB/EB. You're probably correct that you couldn't do it in Classic.

They added a "map options" section to the new viewer. Seems like the perfect place to insert this as an option. This is all coming to a head for me as I've had a simple JS API application for editing & maintaining a construction closures layer and I'd like to get out of a code based solution. Editing within the new Map Viewer (and the editor app they're developing) will work fine for me but I do kind of miss using my org's address locator in my JS API app instead of the ESRI locator.

0 Kudos