New User Types

a month ago
CamMiller17
New Contributor II

I was wondering if there is anyone aware of some of the changes that are coming to ArcGIS. I saw that they are reducing the number of type of users to 6. I was reading it and was wondering if you have creator, professional or professional plus, that would include ArcGIS Flight/GeoBIM, etc. It looks to me that they are including it in the license type now instead of an extension. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would read that the same way based on the table. I would recommend reaching out to your Esri Account Manager for confirmation.

--- George T.
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

I also read through the lines and it sounds like if an organization is still using a legacy concurrent license structure for their desktop applications, this change essentially kills that off. I got the "yeah pretty much" confirmation from my account manager (details to follow, of course).

Does anyone use concurrent licensing and have any information about what this will do to their deployments?  I'm having a meeting with my account reps next week and so I can return with details, but if anyone can give me additional context in advance I'd appreciate it.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hey @ZachBodenner , I was waiting to hear how this affects concurrent licensing too. I'm not sure how the new changes affect it, but last year my rep said we could convert our existing concurrent licenses to single use licenses at 1:3 ratio. However, then that's ongoing maintenance for 3x the accounts so we wouldn't be able to afford that. We're going to have to take a hard look at just how many accounts we really need. It's also going to be a pain to assign/unassign licenses often as many users only use it seasonally.

I would love to hear more details if you can share them!

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah I explored that as a possibility a few years ago and came to the conclusion that it's nearly impossible to afford Pro licenses a la carte and the only economical way to support 5+ ish users is to purchase an ELA (which we don't have but I suspect we will be purchasing given this information).

0 Kudos