Offline Editing Error

01-31-2019 08:39 AM
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

Enterprise 10.6.  I've published a feature service from my SQL database that is versioned, has editor tracking, and contains attachments.  The feature service capabilities include Create, Query, Update, Sync, Delete.

This feature service is included in a web map in Portal.  When I attempt to download an offline area in Collector it fails and the following is shown in the Server log:

Unable to process request. Error handling schema request: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found.

I have another feature service published from the same SQL database that does not give me this error.  However, the feature service that works does not contain attachments or have editor tracking.

Any thoughts?

16 Replies
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Gotcha...I thought I read something about Branches earlier in the tree.  Yes please, reach out to Support, they are your quickest way to resolve issues like this.

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Just wanted to add that were not using Branched Versioning either and are still getting this error. I'll be really interested to see the outcome on this.

Thanks

Clinton

0 Kudos
ErikLash1
Occasional Contributor

+1 this error started showing up recently on our server 10.8.1 and appears to be related to utility network services in our system.

Yann-EricBoyeau
Occasional Contributor

We just managed to find a way to reproduce the error. Using Fieldmaps, when taping "Add offline area" on a webmap containing a feature service this produced the error "Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found" in arcgis server logs.

This is step number 2 of this procedure .

The error occurred before any download was requested. So this tend to prove that FieldMaps is just sending a request to test if the service has the extension Version Management. 

We succeeded to download the map offline despite this error in the logs.
We still have random issues with taking some map offline but we do not think these issues are related to the "Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' error.

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@Yann-EricBoyeau  we have the same set up as you, but are not taking maps offline. We still see the "Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found." error and are experiencing intermittent, and hard to diagnose, FieldMap crashes.

@RemiMyers can you confirm what Yann says above, that this is just FieldMaps probing to see if the service has the extension Version Management?

HéctorMeléndez
Esri Contributor

@Yann-EricBoyeau @AndrewMilanes Did you manage to resolve the the warning log entry "Unable to process request. Error handling schema request: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found."? 

I'm getting the same with a branch versioned service.

0 Kudos
Yann-EricBoyeau
Occasional Contributor

Hi @HéctorMeléndez , unfortunately only ESRI devs can tell why this error is poping-up and resolve the issue. Maybe you can open a support case so that we finally get an answer about  this "Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found".
Easy to reproduce when taking map offline.

0 Kudos