PowerShell DSC - Failed to create the site. The specified configuration store location is not accessible

Jump to solution
12-28-2023 12:37 PM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Attempting to launch ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 via PowerShell DSC. Our environment will contain Portal, DataStore and 2 ArcGIS Servers. For this reason, the config-store and directories are on a shared network location: \\fileshare.test.com\dfs\arcgis\arcgisserver\config-store

The ArcGIS Service account is a domain account and has full control on the arcgis folder.

I'm getting this error: Failed to create the site. The specified configuration store location
is not accessible. Ensure that the ArcGIS Server account has read and write access to the lo
cation."

JSON file is configured like so for config-store:

"ConfigStoreLocation":"\\\\fileshare.test.com\\dfs\\arcgis\\arcgisserver\\config-store"

If I manually configure the site, I can successfully set the config store. Seems like the issue is creating the site via dsc. Any ideas or specific permissions I need to allow for the ArcGIS Server account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @tigerwoulds ,

It seems to me that Powershell DSC is not able to acquire access on that location. I would suggest running the following and see if the powershell can get the list of folder in the location:

• Get-ChildItem -Path \\fileshare.test.com\dfs\arcgis\arcgisserver\config-store -Force

If yes, then at least powershell is able to read the location. Next we can test creating a folder by following article below:

One of these should help you narrow down the cause of the problem. I would also like to try and run the following:

Also check the following (maybe it's a known issue):

If you can share more details like from which machine you are the script from and are the setup placed at the same location, I can look into it further.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @tigerwoulds ,

It seems to me that Powershell DSC is not able to acquire access on that location. I would suggest running the following and see if the powershell can get the list of folder in the location:

• Get-ChildItem -Path \\fileshare.test.com\dfs\arcgis\arcgisserver\config-store -Force

If yes, then at least powershell is able to read the location. Next we can test creating a folder by following article below:

One of these should help you narrow down the cause of the problem. I would also like to try and run the following:

Also check the following (maybe it's a known issue):

If you can share more details like from which machine you are the script from and are the setup placed at the same location, I can look into it further.

Hope it helps

tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @ArchitSrivastava thanks for those links. I was able to confirm I can create files/directories in PowerShell from my orchestration machine, to the end nodes. I've narrowed down the issue to our DFS location where we are placing the config-store & directories. This is a shared space for the business so they've likely blocked winRM connections. So we'll have to figure out a different storage solution for the ArcGIS Servers. 

0 Kudos