problem in publishing image server- can't find folders

Jump to solution
06-20-2023 05:51 AM
SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

Hello there,

I'm having trouble with publishing image server to my server.

I want to publish a slope raster of a small area. I followed the steps here . On the "Publish Image Service" page, I couldn't find my foldersfrom the manager, and I really dont want my items to be on my root folder.

the only thing that i did diffrent from the instaruction, is the i chouse the .tif raste from the source folder, and not the map that i;m working on, but unfortunatly, tere is not such option

someoun have an idea why somthing llike that could happen?

Bonus qustion: publish layer from my machine (not hosted) cost any credits?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @SPNIOrganization 

There is a defect, ref BUG-000143393, that describes this problem. However, the defect is addressed in ArcGIS Pro version 3.0.  So if you are using a version of ArcGIS Pro older than version 3.0, I would recommend that you upgrade.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @SPNIOrganization 

There is a defect, ref BUG-000143393, that describes this problem. However, the defect is addressed in ArcGIS Pro version 3.0.  So if you are using a version of ArcGIS Pro older than version 3.0, I would recommend that you upgrade.

TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? The Version 3.1 help now says "browse to the raster dataset"  where it used to say to select a map (3.0 and 2.9 help). If you are using version 2.9 then the reply from Chris will probably be your solution. If you are using version 3.1, then it appears that raster data is now the required input and maps are no longer supported.

0 Kudos
SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! That did the trick!

Just wanted to verify one more thing. Unlike map service, the item data source is set to the directories folder ("C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\...") and not to the folder that my raster is originally in ( that is set as data store). Can I change it to the original location or it is default for image server?

TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

You should be able to select the option under "Data" to reference registered data. Make sure that the path is registered with the site and if you have multiple machines in the site that the same path is valid for all. Either a UNC path or  if local drive, the data is on the same location for each server. Also the service account running arcgis server must have access to the path.

TonyContreras_Frisco_TX_0-1687793234318.png

For your bonus question, publishing this way does not consume any credits. You are providing the storage and computing resources, plus the software licensing, so ArcGIS Online is not part of the hosting or serving of the service or its data.