Problem with 10.1 Web Adaptor

07-03-2012 11:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: cspurlock

I have done the 10.1 Server install and the Web Adaptor.  In Server Manager I have set up the server to use Windows Authencation.  Here is my problem.  I have published a service.  I remote into the server where I have ArcGIS 10.1 installed. I log into Server Manager and go to Manage Services.  I see the service I created.  Here is a screen shot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15732[/ATTACH]

If I select the Rest URL or Soap URL I get the following error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15733[/ATTACH]

I have ArcGIS Server and the Web Adaptor installed on the same server.
17 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: tagiles

Hi Pat,

I've been reading your posts and you seem to be working through this really well - I hope you'll be able to provide some info for me.

I have the same setup as your post above...
- iis w webAdaptor is on same machine as ags
- NTLM is top provider, with Anon disabled and Windows Auth enabled
- using domain accounts for users and ArcGIS store for roles
- using web tier security, as we want our site content (flash) blocked by the login (this works, generally)

So the issue is that we cannot figure out how to assign a ROLE to a Web Adapter - we have multiple web adaptors (ie web sites with completely different content) and we want to assign X role to X site. We cannot find anywhere in the config pages to accomplish this.

- An admin user (Any domain user configured in Roles in AGS Store as admin) can view any websites (through WA) and any REST service pages just fine.

- Users cannot access REST pages directly at all - even if a role is specifically granted for said service with error "Error: User does not have permissions to access this folder. Code: 403"

- Users CAN access ANY website content (flash), through ANY web adaptor, however the REST feeds fail with a (in our case) flash error message box "Web Sample layer failed to load: Fault Code: null; Fault Info: Unable to get token service url from (http://[server]/[webAdaptor]/rest/info) Version 10.01+ required.; Fault details: null"

Note: We are not using token authentication, since our security is on the web tier. (Authentication Tier: Web, Authentication Mode: Web)

In the REST info page:
Authentication Information:
    Is Token Based Security: false

Could this token error be the result of not having a proxy - even though we didn't set up token auth?

Do you or anyone else know if it is possible to assign a role to a web adaptor? Or are we limited to Yes/No authentication for the entire website/AGServer? Seems like what we are trying to do - assign X role to X website (ie web Adaptor security) - is very logical.

Cheers
Tom
0 Kudos
SaurabhGupta5
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

I have also stucked in similar issue as you mentioned here , can you please help me in getting out of it.

I am using Arcgis 10.2 with web adaptor. I am using LDAP users and built-in roles. Also, set up the proxy page to use authentication from my flex page while  accessing the services.

Unfortunately , i am getting this error message :

Working View layer failed to load: Fault info: Unable to get token service url from (http://sgj-srv-pub/arcgis/rest/info) Version 10.01+ required.

Please help

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II
I just worked thru solving the web adapter problem this thread has described and solved.  However, I found this thread after I solved it and thus wasted a bunch of time.  I was using the wrong search criteria.  For other folks trying to locate this solution I'm adding the following error message that others might be searching on:

Error: WEB_ADAPTOR Authentication, User Credential is not set by the web adaptor for this request, check if the web adaptor is secured
Code: 403

Let's hope the ESRI Forums search engine finds this post.

D. Geasan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: aviris

Thanks D. - found this right off and it answered my question about the web adapter.

I just worked thru solving the web adapter problem this thread has described and solved.  However, I found this thread after I solved it and thus wasted a bunch of time.  I was using the wrong search criteria.  For other folks trying to locate this solution I'm adding the following error message that others might be searching on:

Error: WEB_ADAPTOR Authentication, User Credential is not set by the web adaptor for this request, check if the web adaptor is secured
Code: 403

Let's hope the ESRI Forums search engine finds this post.

D. Geasan
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Cool stuff. In my experience, I get this error when switching to windows authentication in Server manager, but forgetting to change authentication in IIS. By default it is set to anonymous enabled and everything else disabled. when you make this change you need to change anonymous to disabled and windows authentication to enabled. Frankly one of the great things about ArCGIS 10.1 is it doesn't need IIS unless you use Web Adaptor.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: dur3511

Excellent response solved the issue (disable initially and enable later anonymous to get the web adaptor set up again). Somewhat application seem to remember old settings - especially security and tokens issues - go figure after all reinstalls/uninstalls/reinstalls again (never ending pancake) !!! one reminder, token in the load balanced environment appera to have an issue (I think this is a bug soon to be reported by ESRI and hopefully soon to be taken care off)
0 Kudos
YimanSong
New Contributor III
I'm in 10.2, token still doesn't work
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bubbahey25

What error are you getting?
0 Kudos