Problems after upgrade to 11.1

Jump to solution
06-02-2023 12:51 PM
RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I upgraded from 11.0 to 11.1 Wednesday night. I tested the site for a few hours yesterday - thing were working satisfactorily. 

This morning, the portal is suddenly down. 

1. I can't connect to portal through webadaptor or through server.domain.com:7443/arcgis
  2. I can't connect to portal through portaladmin - server.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin
  3. I can connect to arcgis server through rest admin - server.domain.com:6443/arcgis/admin/
  4. I cannot connect to the server manager. Fails with "cannot access the authentication service"

I tried to reinstall the portal's web adaptor, but it fails during configuration with Failed to get administrator token from Portal. Please verify that the Portal URL specified can be accessed successfully.

The portal service is started.

There's an error in the service log file - ERROR StatusLogger No logging configuration

There's a warning in the event log - Certificate for local system with Thumbprint <values here>  is about to expire or already expired. I checked our cert in IIS and it's valid through 2024. 

The portal does not appear to be accepting connections. Any ideas how to resurrect this?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cepsgis
New Contributor II

Rob, 

Try booting the machine maybe some sort of background process is mucking things up. If that doesn't work I suggest just trying to run a repair on the install of portal. I have had this happen where just starting the repair wakes things up. 

let me know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cepsgis
New Contributor II

Rob, 

Try booting the machine maybe some sort of background process is mucking things up. If that doesn't work I suggest just trying to run a repair on the install of portal. I have had this happen where just starting the repair wakes things up. 

let me know how it goes. 

RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

Thanks cepsgis! The reboot (and some permissions fiddling) worked.

Rob

0 Kudos