Replicating and Synchronizing data with edit privileges on both source and target env

02-10-2012 09:47 PM
MoizIshfaq
New Contributor II
Hello everyone,
I would like to clarify my understanding on a one-way or two-way replication scenario with limited possible privileges. In my humble opinion, for data synchronization the required privileges should be only write privileges on both source and target environment. I have a requirement to synchronize data from two different organizations and no one would like to allow schema owner changes which we use for creation of a new replica, which is later used for synchronization. I have tested a workflow to create replica with write privileges on the source environment and schema owner privileges on target environment. However, I would like to know if there is anyway we can achieve it with both limited 'edit / write' privileges on both environment. So to simply my questions are:

1. Is there a way to do replication and synchronization with only edit privileges in both source and target environment?
2. If not can there be a way if we do replication with schema owner on the target environment and synchronize later by
I. Changing connection information for the target environment with a different user with edit privilege rights.
II. Or by revoking some rights from the schema owner once replication is done and synchronization is done with limited privileges. However, this would mean reassigning schema owner privileges for performing Analyze / updating statistics operation or if it could be avoided.

Thanks all in advance for your time and help.
0 Kudos
0 Replies