Rest Services Directory sees services only in subfolders

01-09-2013 09:43 PM
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
I am using Server for ArcGIS 10.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

The Rest Services Directory shows no services at the root level (the SampleWorldCities is actually present but not shown in the directory).  The Directory also does not list the folders that are present.  If I type a folder name in the URL and refresh, then the services in that folder are shown.

This is not a problem in ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Server Manager.  What could be the solution?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III
I am using Server for ArcGIS 10.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

The Rest Services Directory shows no services at the root level (the SampleWorldCities is actually present but not shown in the directory).  The Directory also does not list the folders that are present.  If I type a folder name in the URL and refresh, then the services in that folder are shown.

This is not a problem in ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Server Manager.  What could be the solution?

I'm guessing you're using the web adaptor? I'm not an expert here, but i'd be curious to know if your current website is configured to allow anonymous browsing.

Edit: are the services in your Root directory started? I dont think they will appear in the REST Services directory unless they are started.

Edit2: are your services & directories secured?
0 Kudos