Sharing spatiotemporal big data store hosted feature layers

Jump to solution
11-03-2023 07:52 AM
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

I just created a distributed collaboration between Enterprise Portal (11.1) and our ArcGIS Online organization and have had success sharing items from our Portal to ArcGIS Online.

But, with our  hosted feature layers from spatiotemporal big data store, the collaboration does not work.  Instead of having a seamless sharing experience, ArcGIS Online prompts for authentication for spatiotemporal big data store hosted feature layers.  

I am hoping for a "simple" way around this, for a seamless sharing experience (no authentication needed) with ArcGIS Online members that includes spatiotemporal big data store hosted feature layers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LeeBrannon1,

I don't believe Spatiotemporal Feature Services are supported with Distributed Collaboration in which the service will be distributed as a 'copy'.  A feature service requires Sync enabled for the data to be copied, and I don't think there is a way to enable Sync on a Spatiotemporal Feature Service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LeeBrannon1,

I don't believe Spatiotemporal Feature Services are supported with Distributed Collaboration in which the service will be distributed as a 'copy'.  A feature service requires Sync enabled for the data to be copied, and I don't think there is a way to enable Sync on a Spatiotemporal Feature Service.

LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @JakeSkinner.  Have to admit, I didn't pay much attention to whether or not I had an option to enable Sync.  And yes, I was trying to share it as a copy, but now I am wondering if sharing as a 'reference' is an option for those hosted feature layers and if it would make any difference towards access.  

Guess I should check on that as a next step.

0 Kudos
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

After subsequent testing of sharing by reference and by copy, I am finally convinced that, indeed, it is not supported, as @JakeSkinner noted.  Not successful with any of the tests I performed.   Bummer.