Split 6 machine arcgis server site in to three 2 machine server sites

Jump to solution
01-08-2024 06:41 AM
LouEarly
New Contributor II

We currently have an ArcGIS server site made up of 6 machines.  We want to split those in to 3 server sites, each with 2 machines. Our question is what is the best way to move the services to the appropriate site? 

For instance our current configuration contains all of services.  We are splitting in to 3 sites...One will support services used for the utility network editing, another to support base/static data and the last to support uneditable services used in web applications.

All of our services are currently hosted by the 6 machine cluster.  When we break those up in to the 3 clusters what is the best way to move the services to appropriate site? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

You will have to republish the services once you are moving and dividing the services into new sites, you will not be able to use the backup utilities in Portal, ArcGIS Server and Data Store backup to accomplish this.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

You will have to republish the services once you are moving and dividing the services into new sites, you will not be able to use the backup utilities in Portal, ArcGIS Server and Data Store backup to accomplish this.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov