Unable to acces map service on iphone

09-14-2015 10:35 AM
YosefBodovski
New Contributor

I have created ArcGIS online web application which works fine on my desktop. However the map service is not loading when I try to access it on my iphone . This map service is currently on our local Arc Server and has the Mobile Data Access capability checked. Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

We'll probably need some more details to better assist... Are you trying to access from the internet or through your local network?

0 Kudos
YosefBodovski
New Contributor

I am trying to access this application from the internet, on our local network it works just fine. There is no firewall or any other restrictions. My smartphone is able to load basemap and general structure if the app, but I can't see the map itself, that's why I assume this is an issue with the service. I checked the Mobile Data Access option and restarted the service, but it didn't help. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Can you access the service through a desktop machine outside of your local network? E.g.:

https://yourGISserver.geosolinc.com/arcgis/rest/services/base_services/myService/MapServer

If you can access the service outside of your network on a desktop machine, try the same link in your phone.

0 Kudos
YosefBodovski
New Contributor

I'll try it later today

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

You could also quickly check using something like:

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

This way, you can at least better narrow the issue and learn whether or not the server is accessible, period, on the internet, or if it's just problem on the mobile device.

0 Kudos
YosefBodovski
New Contributor

It says the site works fine. I'll double check it again at home, but it looks like this is just a mobile device problem

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Possibly - especially if it's loading everything else except the service. I have run into issues in the past when displaying mixed content, just an FYI.

We had every intention on adding an SSL to the GIS server before deployment, but, while testing, we had to override IE's setting to allow mixed content on a desktop machine (the map service wouldn't load). Chrome was not affected - it displayed well, but testing in Safari on iOS suffered the same issue as IE, until we pushed the SSL and the service displayed.

0 Kudos
YosefBodovski
New Contributor

Is it possible for me to do it?

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

If this indeed turns-out to be your issue, I'm afraid I do not believe this is possible, at least with iOS Safari. You would need to make the parent page unsecured, or add an ssl to the GIS server.

0 Kudos