Unable to apply Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 patches

01-03-2020 06:05 AM
JohnBrushett
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I am trying to apply the latest Portal, Data Store and Server patches to my Enterprise deployment. I should point out that it is on a standalone, disconnected system as it is for test purposes.

I only have 2 GIS servers and Portal. Both servers are federated with Portal.  

I managed to install the Server patches by double clicking the MSP files, however when I came to the Portal and Data Store patches they threw an error, the same as attached in this thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/226354-unable-to-install-portal-for-arcgis-privilege-escalation-se...

Is there a specific order that the patches need to be installed? I am trying to uninstall the Server patches now and will try to install the Portal patches then. 

Someone please help as my onsite consultants don't know what the issue is. 

Kind regards,

John 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JohnBrushett
New Contributor III

What do you mean the PortalAdmin account? I'm not logging in to Portal to run these patches, just remoting in to the Server that has the software on using RDP. I'm not opening Portal at all. 

Do you think the Managed Service account that runs the Windows Services for each item needs the permission to open the folder location?

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Permissions to the location where patch is located. Permissions to where the patch is writing to. Portal localadmin account.

For Example.

0 Kudos
MortenOlesen
New Contributor II

Hi 

I am trying to apply patches for Portal (10.8.1) as well and I am running into the same issue. I have a DEV server with Server and Portal installed (unfederated). I can apply patches to Server, but not Portal. This server is in a disconnected environment, but not sure if that makes a difference. I have tried launching the patch from different locations. I am connected to the server using an admin account with full access to the folder, and the portal account also has full access. 

Did you manage to find a solution to this? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
MortenOlesen
New Contributor II

This worked for us with 10.8.1: 

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000026175

It took hours to complete though. 

0 Kudos