Using Enterprise Builder after already installing some components

Jump to solution
08-22-2023 02:59 PM
Ivy_Hinson
New Contributor III

Hi, I recently installed Enterprise portal and web adaptor for portal. Can I still use Enterprise Builder to deploy the data store and server or will this disrupt what I've already set up?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Open Control Panel > Programs and Features and check that Portal and Webadaptor were removed.

Then delete the folders

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

C:\Program Files\ESRI

C:\ProgramData\ArcGIS

C:\ProgramData\Esri

C:\ProgramData\Flexnet

Reboot the machine and try again.

If still fails, then, it would be easier if you ask your system administrator to reinstall the OS to get a fresh machine.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Enterprise Builder will install, deploy, configure the entire stack - Portal, Server, Web Adaptors, Data Store. Hence is best if you uninstall the components that you have manually installed.

ArcGIS Enterprise Builder—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Ivy_Hinson
New Contributor III

I uninstalled Portal and its web server. Now when I launch the configuration wizard I am getting the error: 

Ivy_Hinson_0-1692812838809.png

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Open Control Panel > Programs and Features and check that Portal and Webadaptor were removed.

Then delete the folders

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

C:\Program Files\ESRI

C:\ProgramData\ArcGIS

C:\ProgramData\Esri

C:\ProgramData\Flexnet

Reboot the machine and try again.

If still fails, then, it would be easier if you ask your system administrator to reinstall the OS to get a fresh machine.

MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @Ivy_Hinson 

If your intention is to set up a base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise, that is all components in a single machine, you have the option of uninstalling Portal and its Web Adaptor, and then using ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, as suggested by @MarceloMarques to carry out the full deployment, or you could continue to install the remaining components, ArcGIS Server and its associated Web Adaptor and the ArcGIS Data Store followed by configuration. Please, check Tutorial: Set up a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment

For other available deployment options, please check ArcGIS Enterprise: Installation and Deployment.

Miguel
ChadKopplin
Occasional Contributor III

If you have all ready installed some of the server components it will affect theEnterprise Builder.  I ran into that a few years ago upgrading my server, I had uninstalled everything and tried EB so it would be a fresh install.  I have not heard that that has changed in the new versions of the Server software.  Thank you.

0 Kudos