Web Adaptor 10.3 upgrade from 10.2.2

Jump to solution
01-09-2015 08:56 AM
JanBenson1
Occasional Contributor

I have ArcGIS Server 10.2.2.  I want to upgrade to 10.3.  From the documentation I can upgrade the server without uninstalling any software. However when I look at the Web Adaptor it says I have to uninstall all earlier versions (http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/install/windows/installing-the-arcgis-web-adaptor-server-....) and install the 10.3 setup.  This seems a step backwards.  It does state: Legacy:

At 10.2 and earlier versions, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.

My concern is that I enabled security first with a self-signed certificate and then had to replace it with a signed certificate.  I would prefer not to go through that process again as it was a bit messy.  Has this new install worked painlessly for others?  This will be a production server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KennethOGuinn
New Contributor III

Hi Jan,

You are correct about having to uninstall any 10.2.x Web Adaptors before installing the 10.3 web Adaptor.

With that being said, the Web Adaptor itself just leverages the SSL certificate you have on your Web Server. So you can safely uninstall, and reinstall any Web Adaptor, and the SSL certificates for that Web Server stay in place and are never touched by the uninstall/reinstall.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KennethOGuinn
New Contributor III

Hi Jan,

You are correct about having to uninstall any 10.2.x Web Adaptors before installing the 10.3 web Adaptor.

With that being said, the Web Adaptor itself just leverages the SSL certificate you have on your Web Server. So you can safely uninstall, and reinstall any Web Adaptor, and the SSL certificates for that Web Server stay in place and are never touched by the uninstall/reinstall.

I hope this helps!

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Quoted from ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation guide:

You can have a 10.2.1 or later version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed alongside other earlier versions of ArcGIS Web Adaptor on the same machine. For example, you can have a 10.1 SP1 version and a  10.3 version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed on the same web server.

That is why it is recommended to uninstall the previous versions of web-adaptor manually, as they do not conflict with the latest versions of web-adaptor.

Think Location
0 Kudos