Wrong home page displaying after upgrading to 11.2

Jump to solution
12-29-2023 09:28 AM
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

I upgraded ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 to 11.2 and now a different home page is being shown. If I click on Edit Home Page I see my custom home page layout in the editor. I tried saving without changing anything and also made a few changes then saved, but I still see what appears to be the default home page design. I verified that the custom home page is saved as a resource in JSON format.

I saved a copy of the home.page.json resource, deleted the resource, and then the Edit home page tool showed the same home page design that is actually being used. I made a few changes, clicked save, and a new home.page.json resource was created. Unfortunately, the default home page is still what is shown to the user.

Anyone else having this issue with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 and did you figure out how to fix it?

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshua-Young

For anyone else with this issue, the problem was a setting in portalProperties called "homePage" was set to "viewOnly". Changing that value to "modern" fixed the issue. The portalProperties is found on the /webadaptorname/sharing/rest/portals/self page.

I did not set that property to "viewOnly", we have been using a modern home page since they first became available, and we have upgraded ArcGIS Enterprise multiple times since then. So, I am not sure how the property became "viewOnly" or why that value would ignore our custom home page. I would assume the home page being view only would either hide the home page editor or gray out the tools in the home page editor with a warning that the home page was in view only mode.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Joshua-Young

For anyone else with this issue, the problem was a setting in portalProperties called "homePage" was set to "viewOnly". Changing that value to "modern" fixed the issue. The portalProperties is found on the /webadaptorname/sharing/rest/portals/self page.

I did not set that property to "viewOnly", we have been using a modern home page since they first became available, and we have upgraded ArcGIS Enterprise multiple times since then. So, I am not sure how the property became "viewOnly" or why that value would ignore our custom home page. I would assume the home page being view only would either hide the home page editor or gray out the tools in the home page editor with a warning that the home page was in view only mode.

valenj88
New Contributor III

Thanks for posting about this Joshua - saved me some headache 🙂

0 Kudos