ArcGIS Experience Builder 2024 Roadmap

01-10-2024 04:56 PM
Labels (2)
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor
45 75 17.5K

Updated on April 16, 2024.

Happy New Year! Here are features planned for 2024. In addition to migrating WAB widgets, we are woking on the WAB mode option - a simplified app building experience like Web AppBuilder. We plan to deliver it in the fourth quarter of the year. The planned release dates here are for Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online. New features will be picked up by ArcGIS Enterprise releases later. Keep in mind these features are subject to change please.

Jianxia_0-1713290233218.png

75 Comments
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina thanks for your reply. So I'm not able to filter data if they not have the same structure that the other layers?

for example if I want to filter buildings with 5000 square meter of surface; if I want to have the transactions depending on these buildings i'm forced to have a columns about Surface on the transaction table if I want to filter my transactions ?

there is any way to be able to filter a source of data with a common ID depending of a filtered first source ?

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@Tiff ,

Regarding your question, filtering for null values should be supported as expected when using group filter functionality in the Filter widget once it's released. You should be able to test it out tomorrow. You'll need to use the "is blank" operator and define which fields within each layer you want to filter for null values.

image.png

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBOCQUET, if I understand your question correctly, I believe this will be possible with the group filter functionality, yes. Please check it out tomorrow once the functionality is made available in ArcGIS Online and reach out if you encounter any issues.

Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

@AlixVezina  Thank you for the update! Group filters seem to be working well for our first use case.

I have a question about URL parameters. In the general tab, I turned on URL parameters via the "Manage URL status". I see the URL parameters show up in the link, but if I copy and paste into new tab, it remains at default extent. Same with using the Share too where you check maintain URL parameters box, it remains at default extent and draws some sort of square grid around the expected extent. Am I missing a step?

PhilLarkin1

Thanks for being active in these forums @Jianxia 

James_Shreeve
New Contributor III

Hi @Jianxia ,

In regards to a comment you made in reply to @AndrewSpencer 

"@AndrewSpencer Starting ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 available in May 2024, you should be able to generate reports in Near Me and Print widgets from the printing service. You need to publish report templates from Pro to the printing service, then use it in Experience Builder. Currently this capability is not yet available in ArcGIS Online printing service."

Is there any view to when the capabilities may be available on ArcGIS Online? Specifically referring to the Near Me widget on EB it would just be great to just have the capability to export the full list of features rather than only one at a time grouped by layer. Being able to add unique/organisation templates to the print service on ArcGIS Online would be great, but a basic option now would be hugely beneficial. This functionality is currently available with the Print widget. The Nearby Instant App also allows to print the full list of intersected features inc. map & legend. 

Thanks!

CGpp
by
New Contributor II

Hello @Jianxia,

I read that in this ExBD update (1.Q 2024) were added new URL parameters. But one is still missing which I am waiting for 🙂
I need a URL link to find a feature to open map/application. Something similar to Web AppBuilder - query=<layer name>,<field name>,<field value>
example - http://<your portal url>/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=da80a448ac9246148da0811bddc18c94&query=Census_8491,POP2000,1211537

Is it planned in future releases od ExBD? Thanks for information.

Build custum widget (developer edition) is not solution in my case.

PhilipOhlinger
New Contributor III

@Jianxia Can you tell me if the measure widget planned to come to experience builder in Q2 2024 will support snapping? Right now the measure tool in map viewer doesn't have snapping for some odd reason. This makes the tool almost useless to measure between parcel lines, utilities, etc. Please implement snapping in the measure tool!

kntr
by
New Contributor III

Hi @Jianxia - many thanks for the update with new exciting features like Group Filtering and Image Measurement widgets.

I have one quick question about Oriented Imagery -- do you have a timeline on when ExB will support the new Oriented Imagery data model released with Pro 3.2/Enterprise 11.2? (Similar to the Sidebar Instant Apps template). Thank you!

Ref:

Cheers!

Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
New Contributor III

Hello @Jianxia ,

Many thanks to you and the rest of the Experience Builder team for all your hard work in developing this product. 

I was wondering if there is, or will be one day, some training for recreating custom widgets in Experience Builder Dev edition? 

We have several applications made with WAB Dev edition that contain several highly customized widgets. The person who created them retired and the remaining staff are not as skilled in custom widget creation. We could use some guidance in this aspect for our WAB to EXB migration. 

Thanks!

Caitlin Todd

Lane County, OR GIS

ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Jianxia,

Thank you for the helpful EB roadmap and for taking time to answer so many of these posts.

The basic viewability (not editing) of related records is the single most paramount function my organization relies upon within our current Enterprise Portal WAB apps.  I'm quite discouraged to see that this function won't even be making it to AGOL EB until Q4 this year, meaning it will be even longer until it is in Enterprise EB (I'm guessing not until at least 11.4 at this rate).  I can't in good faith move our users to EB - which ESRI is strongly encouraging - when this ability doesn't exist.  The fact that WAB is moving closer to retirement and there is no related table viewing function on the horizon for Enterprise is jarring.  I feel as though users in my position are being painted into a corner, so to speak.  It is difficult to keep up with ESRI's recommendations when such vital functions are often lagging behind.

I thought it was important to make this known.  Thanks for all of your efforts!

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Any hope for a parcel drafter widget?

AmyRoust

@Jianxia - Are there plans to set the Chart Widget up so that it will use domain aliases instead of codes in charts? We have a lot of utility data that uses numbers for domain codes, but would like our charts to display the real-world alias for a more user friendly experience.

Example:

Lifecycle Status domain

0 - Unknown

1 - Active

2 - Inactive

3 - Removed

Right now, if I make a bar chart and group by Lifecycle status, I get groupings of 0, 1, 2, and 3 instead of Unknown, Active, Inactive, and Removed. There doesn't appear to be a way to override that by typing in aliases manually.

barryguidry1
New Contributor II

Jianxia, is it possible to show directions from within the Near Me widget, as was in WAB, instead of the need to use the Search widget or click the location on the map?

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @barryguidry1 right now, we don't have the support for calculating direction in Near Me, but it is planned and scheduled to  be available in Q2/Q3 update of ArcGIS Online. It will work in a little different way than WAB, you will be able to send to and from locations to Direction widget from Near Me and show  direction in the Direction widget.

stariq22
New Contributor II

@Jianxia do you when the features planned for Q2 would be released? Really excited about the measure widget!

DavidMcCorkindale1
New Contributor III

@Jianxia you mentioned more URL parameters coming.  Is there a proposed list of ones that would be supported or a priority on them.  Having the version for the branch version widget and one to set the parameters of a filter widget would be really valuable.

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidMcCorkindale1 Please could you elaborate on how you are using the version in a filter in your post? Thank you!

MelindaMuzzey
New Contributor

Hello! Wondering if there is already a date for the Situational Awareness Widget to be integrated into Experience Builder within ArcGIS Enterprise? We just got notification that Web App Builder is going away, and all of our apps utilize the situational awareness widget. 

Thank you!

yrpEH
by
New Contributor III
The Situational awareness is not being replaced. There are blog posts about how to use the 'Near Me' widget in ExB to create a similar widget as a workaround. Their emergency management widget migration/replacement is very poor...
MelindaMuzzey
New Contributor

@yrpEH sorry I wasn't clear . Web app builder IS being replaced. Enterprise version of experience builder does not yet have the near me widget which is needed to utilize the situational awareness. So I'm asking if there's a roadmap/timeline for that yet since this post is in relation to experience builder upgrades. Hope that makes sense. Thanks! 

DavidMcCorkindale1
New Contributor III

@MelindaMuzzey this link Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder functionality matrix—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation has the migration status of each WAB widget and the relevant version it is implemented/planned for the various versions  (AGOL, developer, Enterprise) of EXB.  Also shows which ones aren't being migrated and alternate options

MelindaMuzzey
New Contributor

@DavidMcCorkindale1 awesome! Thank you so much.

SIKACINE
New Contributor

Hi @Jianxia I had a question on the road map for Experience builder and the "Add Data Widget", will some of the file formats in WAB become available in EB. It's a common request from CAD users, it's not currently an option to load. Thanks

About the Author
Product Manager for ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web Appbuilder. She likes camping and hiking.