What's Coming in October 2023

10-06-2023 06:04 PM
Labels (1)
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor
17 8 2,041

A sneak peek on new features in the upcoming October release of Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online.

Jianxia_0-1696640839518.png

Cheers,

8 Comments
DavidWittmann
New Contributor III

I'm so pumped for the enhancement to pop-ups coming in this next release of Experience Builder! I really appreciate the work your team is doing to make the switch from Web AppBuilder to Experience Builder easier. Is it possible to set up a custom data action in the pop-up to use the selected feature as an input location for other widgets? I would love to be able to kick off a workflow for a selected feature from a button in the pop-up.

PatOBrien
New Contributor III

Thanks @Jianxia for providing this update and also the update for What's new in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2.

May I request the functionality matrix provided earlier this year is updated to reflect update widget migration statuses? This matrix is very useful for planning ArcGIS Online/Enterprise upgrade & implementation strategies:
Functionality Matrix for Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder 

JwHayes
New Contributor III

Thanks, @Jianxia!

Excited to try the new edit widget functionality. It would be extremely helpful to be able to edit multi-point feature on the web - we have quite a few of these feature types in my organization. Thanks!

RamonPierce1
New Contributor II

Hi @Jianxia

Will the new NearMe widget eventually have the functionality to display results, via an inputted layer file, like in the screenshot below?

I currently have a WAB that returns major districts from an inputted address and zoom to the address on a map. I want to replicate this in Experience Builder. Thanks.

RamonPierce1_0-1697219217486.png

RamonPierce1_2-1697219375669.png

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@RamonPierce1 you should be able to use both Search and Near Me widgets in Experience Builder to accomplish that. See the blog below for details:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/natural-resources/recreating-near-me-wo...

MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

Thanks Jianxia!

Always good to see more functionality to Experience Builder.

Do you know if a similar posting for ArcGIS Online updates has been created yet - I couldn't see anything.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi - I am not seeing the popup display on the map when selecting features from other widgets, such as Search.  Am I missing something or did this functionality not make it into this update?

Update - I found it - the setting is on the map widget - thanks!

Thanks,

David

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidColey, due to backward compatibility, we did not make this feature as default. Glad that you found it. We will show where it is in the release blog later. Thanks.

About the Author
Product Manager for ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web Appbuilder. She likes camping and hiking.