Add Screening Tool to Experience Builder

08-29-2022 08:03 AM
Labels (2)
SZastre
New Contributor II

The Screening tool and functionality within WebApp Builder is a core functionality used within our organization's apps.  User rely on it to make informed business decisions and the report summary is great for including in an application or file. 

Without this tool or similar functionality within Experience Builder, it is currently preventing us from migrating to the Experience Builder apps.  I'm afraid that without the tool and functionality, many users will abandon the apps.  Please consider adding this tool and asap because I would love to migrate to our apps to Experience Builder and take advantage of group layers! 

Tags (1)
20 Comments
GeorginaCutler1

has anyone at ESRI looked into this yet as we are the same and its very frustrating

HeatherEisan

The Screening widget equivalent in Experience Builder is the new Near Me widget. See, the Widget functionality matrix chart.

KellieHeney

@HeatherEisandoes the new Near Me widget allow for a pdf export of the results in a report format? From what I am seeing with the near me widget, it allows for a download of intersecting features, but no download of an actual report. I am limited in my testing as my applications do not use hosted feature layers, and that seems to be a prerequisite for downloading results.

HeatherEisan

In the ArcGIS Experience Builder 2023 Roadmap Jianxia commented on reporting. She said, Esri is working on bringing the reporting capability to ArcGIS Online. Hopefully, ExB could leverage it in early 2024 once available.

jvenables

@HeatherEisan What about choosing layers that have been uploaded into the map to run Near Me against. In WAB you could use the Add Data widget to upload a layer and then run screening tool against it. Will this be available in ExB Near Me?

DeanSzumylo

@HeatherEisan 

Also looking forward to the addition of Reporting functions to the NearMe widget. In the meantime, do you have any examples of work-arounds that allow users to generate reports of features selected by NearMe, so we can migrate apps to Experience Builder before 2024?

AzizaParveen1

Hi @jvenables  We will add this functionality eventually in Near Me sometime next year, we will see if we can leverage Add Data widget action to use the added layer as input for Near Me.

AzizaParveen1

Hi @DeanSzumylo, In Experience Builder, unfortunately there is no work around for generating report at this moment, we are waiting on printing service to add reporting capability. Instant app Nearby has capability to print search results in PDF, with an option to to include map. This might be something you can look into as well. 

Nearby app documentation: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/latest/create-apps/nearby.htm

SofiaGidlund

Much of the settings for the "Screening" widget relates to the report the user will be able to download, without the report aspect "Near Me" is not comparabel. Our users need to be able to download a pdf of the screening and share the pdf with property owners. 

AzizaParveen1

Hi @SofiaGidlund,

Adding reporting capability is in our roadmap for Near Me, it should there around 2024 Q2-Q3.

Thanks

Aziza