Allow Arcade Expressions in Experience Builder

05-13-2020 08:52 PM
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

It would be useful to be able to use arcade expressions in the following areas:

• Filters. The list of fields available to filter on should include any arcade expressions created for the layer.
  • List templates. Again, really useful to use Arcade expressions to enhance data presentation in list widget.
  • Image and text widgets.

I'm hoping to see this extended in future releases of ExB. There are probably other widgets and interfaces where it would be useful as well within ExB.

Thanks

36 Comments
StuartPowling

This would be soooo useful in ExB

brimcel

This would be incredibly helpful for us as well, Filter especially. In addition to the widgets everybody already mentioned, allowing Arcade to display a new field in the Table widget would also be beneficial to us, similar to how the Map Viewer Classic works.

It would be wonderful to be able to create Arcade expressions directly in Experience Builder (like Dashboards). Also, to have Arcade expressions from a web map pass through to Experience Builder widgets that point to a layer from that web map (Filter, Table, List, etc.).

wayfaringrob

It would be even better if it pulled in your attribute expressions and Arcade blocks specified in the map's popups.

AndersØstmoe

Arcade expressions, at least in the chart widgets, and hopefully in combination with expressions would dramatically increase the flexibility og the Experience Builder. I hope you implement this soon, to make the user user experience even more dynamic. 

CarmellaBurdi1

I would absolutely love this option. I use arcade a lot to highlight values over/below a certain amount in different color fonts. This would be super useful. 

CherieBryant

Adding my support to this request. Until EB includes Arcade expressions for its widgets, the platform's applicability is significantly limited.

YvonneBooysen

Adding my support - it is inconsistent to not have arcade implemented after it has been pushed so hard in other recent products.

WFNSProject

Adding my support - This would allow a much more comprehensive deployment of information with almost endless opportunities to customize visualizations fairly easily. Huge for enhancing the user experience. 

AaronCole1

Seems like Arcade would be an Experience Builder prerequisite and available everywhere. It didn't even occur to me that my Arcade popup expressions wouldn't be available in an EB app.

Z-man
by

Migrating from Dashboard to Experience Builder seems like a no-brainer unless the data you display relies upon Arcade 'Data Expressions.'