Draw widget - Add option to draw text

04-26-2022 01:46 AM
Labels (1)
ZoeBroek
Occasional Contributor

Please add an option to draw text with the draw widget in the Experience Builder!

In the draw widget in the WAB you can add text elements to the map. I'd like to use this for my maps used in the Experience Builder as well. 

Thanks in advance! 

- Zoë

47 Comments
FredericPoliart_EsriAU

up.
They would need to cater for the font, size (in pixels or in map-units), location , color, halo, etc. 

ElliotS

Hi Esri, adding text labels in the Draw widget is also critical use for us.  Has this enhancement been accepted, or would any workarounds exist? Thanks

Marshal

My organization needs this functionality as well.

LanceKirby2

Upvoting this idea. Come on Esri.

Shubhreet

I would like to make the same request as well. Sometimes it is required to add text or label near the drawn features.

ScottRutzmoser

One of the first questions asked (post conversion to Experience Builder), how do I add comments (text) to the map? Function is used heavily for many workflows markups etc. Our crews probably won't start using the new app until they can add comments via text to the map.

CassNEGIS

It's incredibly frustrating to have migrated apps to Experience Builder only to find the widgets lack the same functionality as their Webapp Builder counterparts. It would be very useful to have text boxes or snapping options again.

BrantSollis2

@Jianxia or @TonghuiMing I haven't seen a response from esri on this Idea.  I assume this is something that is already in the product plan. Can you confirm? 

Jianxia

@BrantSollis2 , support for drawing Text is on the roadmap. Currently no timeline is available yet.

TammySikma1

Up vote.
Also a requirement to replace an existing web-app we have that's built on the the ArcGIS API 3.x for JavaScript framework.  Points and lines are great, but text markup is essential.