Group filter widget

05-26-2021 01:48 PM
Labels (1)
MarcusKlatt1
New Contributor II

It would be helpful to have a group filter widget for experience builder similar to the web app builder widget. This would allow for multiple feature layers to be filters by the same query.

20 Comments
TimothyRogers

ESRI, please do this. 

HPine_NHDES

I concur with most here.  I saw the functionality matrix and hope there is an update.  The sooner the better as it seems we are being pushed from WAB to ExB.  

PamelaLocke1

I would really love a group filter in EB - I used it ALL the time in Web App Builder 

Sandra_Hayden

Yes filtering all the layers for example by the common county field improves the display and performance. The user cannot be expected to enter multiple filters for each layer, that would be a terrible user experience.

When can we expect this feature?

BrittanyBurson

100000% needed.

PamelaLocke1

I rely on the Group Filter from Web App Builder for some very heavily used apps - need this in Experience Builder if I'm ever going to make new apps/rebuild my old ones. 

SandraHayden

When will a group filter be available?

TonghuiMing

This has been provided in the latest AGOL release. You can refer to details at https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/ability-to-filter-multiple-layers-base... or the ExB filter widget documentation page. Thanks.

SandraHayden

@TonghuiMing Thanks!

I'm having issues with the new group filter.

I have 2 group filters, one for a region, another for chapters in the region. The 2nd should show only chapters in the region when asking for user selection.

"List values based on Values filtered by all other expressions" does not work. I know there are no Alaskan chapters in Alabama.

TonghuiMing

@SandraHayden Can you post it as a separate thread in the Questions channel with a reproducible sample? I can help take a look, thanks.