Provide ability to track ArcGIS Experience Builder interactions with Google Analytics

10-19-2020 10:20 AM
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Add support for Google Analytics to Experience Builder. Keep it simple, as was done in StoryMaps and Hub, where you have a setting or property for each Experience into which you can paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID.

[Original GeoNet thread: Google Analytics with Experience Builder?]

52 Comments
ElizabethNolan1

This would be extremely helpful to have the ability to track using Google Analytics in any Experience Builder App, and stream in GA. Note: Don't try the embed widget that does not work. 

TimCushman__GISP

We need this too! 

RyanBohan

This would be great.  The usage chart is far too limited.  I would love to know which experience builder pages are the most used.  How long is a page used, etc.

I believe currently the only option is the "usage" tab which is not the details I am looking for.  Is this showing 22 unique users?  or 1 user 22 times?  Do they load the Exb for 10 seconds, or stay on it for hours?

RyanBohan_0-1692127894896.png

TilmannSteinmetz2

Yes - how can that be missing in EXB when it's there in the InstantApps. (I should say: how can it be permitted to be absent when it is such a crucial tool to get usage insights - which is essential for justification to spend any time creating the app in the first place).

RoseZhou2

Yes, please!

JenFrazer_USFS_NR-GISS-IRIN

Come on, this idea has been here since 2020; its time has come!!!   Many of us need this.

NavaSheer

I have just discovered that ESRI only saves usage data for two years!!! 😢 All the more reason that we absolutely need Google analytics in ALL apps and services.  (And start saving reports every so often so that your usage data is not lost forever!)

Kelly_G

This would be ideal to provide us with details about which parts of our Experience Builder Apps are being used the most and provide the best value to our customers.

AndyGarwood

yep need this to show how well the maps are used by staff and public, makes the 3 year cycle of getting budget to renew much easier (hint hint)

its in hosted web app builder and story maps, why not EB as well?

LaurenMiller78

Very important! Please implement.