Save Session Widget for Experience Builder

07-21-2023 03:03 AM
Labels (2)
SimonNigh
New Contributor III

Create a Save Session widget like the custom widget developed by the community for Webapp builder:

https://github.com/softwhere/SaveSession-Widget

This would allow users to save all session information including: the status of layers, graphics, map location etc  as a json file so that it can be saved in a filestore or  shared with other users, so that once loaded at next run time a user can pick up a project from where they left off.

Full details of existing web appbuilder functionality is available at the github resource above.

5 Comments
Hels77
by

Yes! Thins!

BillBean

make it so.jpg

LisaT
by

This would be very helpful for adoption of AGOL. I need an environment where I can customize the look, feel, and available tools, but where the users dont have to re-create their maps every time they log in.  There are other programs that allow this, so I am struggling with getting the users to switch to AGOL!  Map Viewer is overwhelming and doesnt have the same "feel".  Lets make this available from EB!

MicahWilliamson

This is a great idea and was asked for by my users. Anyone know about updates on this topic or other similar custom widgets?

TrishPatterson

This would be very helpful!