Support for Image Service in Experience builder Timeline widget

01-20-2023 04:35 AM
Labels (2)
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

My idea is for the Timeline widget in Experience builder to support Image Service as a data source. The Timeline widget currently supports map services, but not Image service. If I try I get the message "No added data can be used. Please add data."

The Time slider in Instant app (Slider template) and in Time slider widget in Web AppBuilder handles the Image service without any issues.

In my case it would enable me to use an Image service with historical aerial photos together with a time slider, which in Experience builder would be used to compare older and newer situations with two maps (connected by trigger+action when extent changes) side by side. Currently, I would have to embed the Instant app, but it will have no connection to the other maps and functions in Experience builder.

5 Comments
TilmannSteinmetz2

I think this is a great idea - although I would hasten to add that Image Services should get support in Experience Builder in general, for instance by adding a widget that allows a user to change the rendering options or filter for certain attributes in a multidimensional image service. Currently this can only be done in the MapViewer - typically by a GIS analyst or admin. There is no method at all for end users to control what or how an Image Service is displayed unless they make their own web map.

I have submitted that idea as https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/expb-working-with-image-services/idi-p...

MichaelBell

We'd need this too, for accessing the Sentinel-2 service. I'm currently trying (and failing) to hack away at the service through widgets and console logging to get to the acquisition date, so a dedicated way of using a timeline would be great.

Have upvoted the idea.

DougBrowning

Need it also.  Anyone know what it does work with?  Tested WMS, layers, and a Mosaic dataset all no go.  WAB and map viewer and Pro it all works.  How can this widget even be used?  Thanks

Marshal

Great idea!  My organization needs this as well.  We would really like to get away from using Instant Apps instead of Experience Builder, but have little choice due to this deficiency in Timeline widget.

Jianxia

Thanks for sharing. Support for raster data source (Image layers) in Experience Builder is planned for the upcoming June release of Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online. In addition to displaying them in the Map widget, you should be able to interact with image layers with other widgets such as Table, List, Timeline, etc.