Add Data Widget: Can you edit data from added Feature Layer (Feature Service)

Jump to solution
01-11-2024 05:51 PM
Labels (1)
PatOBrien
New Contributor III

Hi,

In relation to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 -

Question in regards to the Add Data Widget. If I add a Feature Layer (from a Feature Service with Edit capabilities), does the layer then become editable in the Edit Widget?

(we arecurrently operating within 11.1 but the Add Data widget is available at 11.2).

Thanks

Pat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @PatOBrien ,

This is planned as a future enhancement. It will eventually become available in the ArcGIS Online version of Experience Builder first and then in the following build of Enterprise.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @PatOBrien ,

This is planned as a future enhancement. It will eventually become available in the ArcGIS Online version of Experience Builder first and then in the following build of Enterprise.

PatOBrien
New Contributor III

Thanks @AlixVezina appreciate the response. 

0 Kudos
KatieHansen_NIFCAdmin
New Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina ,

I have a question about the Add Data widget in AGOL.

Is it expected behavior that when you use the Add Data widget to add a hosted feature service to a map in EB that, if that service is editable, it will then appear in the map and the Edit widget, when you, the EB author, have not configured the app for that newly added service to be editable?

Seems that setting all the configurations for the services that are available in the map and in the edit widget go out the window if you then can add any editable service to the map with the add data widget. 

Thank you for any insight!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KatieHansen_NIFCAdmin , that seems unexpected behavior to me. I'll need to try and recreate what you are describing to see if there are any bugs.

0 Kudos
KatieHansen_NIFCAdmin
New Contributor III

Thanks @AlixVezina . I will put in a new ticket to see if we can track this down and get more eyes on it. 

0 Kudos