Select to view content in your preferred language

Application Times-out and requests user's credentials

04-15-2022 11:17 AM
AlejandroMari1
Occasional Contributor

We have an ExB application running on top for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.0. AGS enterprise is using Integrated Windows authentication to authenticate users and Single Sign On is enabled (users never enter their credentials). 

The application works fine, however after 30 minutes or so, they authentication seems to "timeout" and the user gets a message saying "Please sign in to access the item" (see below). You can't put your credentials here since the system is using IWA, so the only way to continue using the app is to reload the full app and start over again.

SignInScreen.PNG

I thought it might be due to inactivity, but it's not. I even added a component that will make a query to Portal every minute to see if this will keep it alive, but didn't work.

Any thoughts on this? 

Thanks!

Alejandro

17 Replies
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

We are experiencing the same behavior - did you ever figure this out?

0 Kudos
AlejandroMari1
Occasional Contributor

I haven't unfortunately. I will open a support case soon, as this is starting to be a problem for us. I will post back if we find anything relevant.

0 Kudos
BradKiep
New Contributor III

Any luck with this issue?  Same problems here.

0 Kudos
AlejandroMari1
Occasional Contributor

Nope, it still happens for us. Seems to happen more often with ExB 1.12 actually. 

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust

Nope - same thing happens with different users & apps. It's hard to pin down, our IT says our login timeout is like 8hrs or more and it's not our VPN, our Portal timeout is set to the max value as well, so it'd be great if someone could point us towards anything else that might be causing the Portal logins to timeout seemingly randomly...

0 Kudos
QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

@MichaelAugust We have the exact same issue and its border line impossible to troubleshoot. Lots of variation in users affected etc. Did you ever resolve the issues?

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust

Nope - a couple of our employees just have been living with it, I'm still just watching this thread grow and grow so it's a real problem. I wish someone who was versed in credentials/logins would chime in from ESRI, even with some suggestions of things to test. Support case really just pointed to our IT dept., went nowhere.

Marshal
New Contributor III

Any update from y'alls end perhaps?  Did anyone open a support case?  I have an ongoing case for a nearly identical issue.  There was a documented bug for the issue, but it was resolved in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1.  Hopefully the link below helps someone out.  

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/arcgis-experience-builder-fails-to-refresh-tokens-after-bug-00015...

Unfortunately, we are running Enterprise 11.1 alongside Experience Builder Developer Edition 1.11 and still have the issue for certain applications.

QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

It is absolutely NOT resolved at 11.1 or 11.2. Someone from esri needs to comment asap.