ArcGIS Experience Builder - Chart Widget

a month ago
Labels (1)
HollyGolightly
New Contributor

I am configuring a "dashboard" using Experience Builder. Is there a way to disable clicking on a column chart: 

Column ChartColumn Chart

And is there a way to configure the text in the hover label and remove "name".

HoverLabel.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dolson_farmington
New Contributor III

For the first question: Under the "Chart" sidebar and then under "Content", go to "tools" and turn off "Selection & Zoom"

I don't know of a way to accomplish the second, unfortunately.

HollyGolightly
New Contributor

Thank you @dolson_farmington.

I turned off "Selection & Zoom" but the charts are still selecting. 

Tools_Selection_Zoom.JPG

Maybe it is a bug?

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @HollyGolightly 

1. Disable selection: turning off the Selection tool would disable selection on chart. If you can still select after turning off this option, please let me know what product version you are using. 
2. Customize hover label: unfortunately it is not supported currently. What you would like to display? 

0 Kudos
LauraWaddle_-_FS
New Contributor II

For the first question, I have noticed the same thing. I am using the AGOL version of Experience Builder and have created a column chart. I turned off Selection & Zoom for the chart and also made sure that there were no message or data actions configured for the chart. I can still click on a column in the chart and it will be outlined in light teal after clicking on it. But nothing else happens since Selection & Zoom and Actions are disabled. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dolson_farmington
New Contributor III

@HollyGolightly , @LauraWaddle_-_FS 

Strange--for me, disabling selection and zoom solves the issue.

What happens if in addition to disabling Selection and Zoom, you also disable the ability to export the feature's data (under the data tab)? Does that prevent the teal highlight?

dolson_farmington_0-1712936550944.png

0 Kudos
LauraWaddle_-_FS
New Contributor II

@dolson_farmington 

Interesting! I just tried disabling the "Allow export" option on the layer and I still get the teal outline when I select a bar in the chart.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @LauraWaddle_-_FS , could you share a reproducible app so we can investigate further? 

0 Kudos
LauraWaddle_-_FS
New Contributor II

@WeiYing1 

Hi! It looks like the original poster @HollyGolightly provided a link to the below app, which demonstrates the behavior. Let me know if you need another example and thank you!

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/f8b1d349ad674d059c1c9b65a74dc93c

0 Kudos