Attachment GPS Photo Direction in Experience Builder

07-27-2023 09:25 AM
Labels (1)
IsaacSorensen
New Contributor II

In the Attachment viewer  Instant App, you have the ability to enable a photo direction icon. I've attached a screen grab of the feature I'm referring to. I'm wondering if there's a way to add this functionality to an experience builder app through the image widget maybe? I've been struggling. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

You can rotate symbols in the web map itself based on an attribute value like compass direction (or some sort of degrees of a circle).

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/rotating-point-symbols/

Does this help? And then once they're rotated a certain way on the web map, then you can use that web map in experience builder.

IsaacSorensen
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response Adrian! Unfortunately that won't quite work as the data points may have more then a single photo attachment, so there may be more than a single rotation value per point feature. I'd be open to another workaround to show the photo rotation though. I wonder if it would be possible to calculate it on the fly with arcade based on the current photo attachment being reviewed?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

If you are trying to show one symbol for more than one photo, how does the symbol know which photo choose from? And yeah, maybe arcade could work to do what you need to do but it sounds slightly complicated (but a fun challenge)!

0 Kudos