Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getContext')

12-22-2022 12:40 PM
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

This error popped up today when I switched to the mobile view in edit mode. I have not yet made any changes to the mobile version but the main app is almost ready so I will be working on it soon. When I switched over, it looked fine until I put it into Live View then tried to navigate using the menu in the header. Then this message appeared on a dark screen and I was not able to switch back to the desktop view. When I refresh, I am able to get back to the desktop view. The draft published app is working as is the unedited mobile version (except the pending widgets are still showing in mobile). It seems like others have had similar errors that were resolved with updates to ExB. Is that the case here or do I need Esri support? Thanks.

6 Replies
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

I got a notice of a reply to this but don't see it here now. In case anyone else comes across this, it turned out to be a bug in the Blank Grid template. Esri was able to reproduce it. If you have a similar issue, please contact them. The problem is that the pending list was not being honored in the template. If I took everything out of the pending list, it worked fine.

0 Kudos
TBetke
by
New Contributor

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. Were you able to remove the items from the pending list while you had the error screen up? I'm unable to see any of my editing windows (mobile, desktop, etc.) and I am unable to remove the items from the pending list.

0 Kudos
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

I refreshed the app to reset and remove the error message. Then removed the items from the pending list and saved.  That was the work around at the time until Esri fixed the bug in that particular template.

0 Kudos
DavidMieksztyn
New Contributor III

I just encountered the same error message, and I too cannot move items out of the pending list. It looks like I might have to contact ESRI. 

0 Kudos
DickieRigdon
New Contributor III

Hi David, were you able to find a solution?  I'm getting same black screen with warning: 

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'content')

I'm using the Blank fullscreen template.

Thanks, Dickie

0 Kudos
DavidMieksztyn
New Contributor III

I haven't encountered this again, and when trying to replicate the issue it works fine. We did upgrade to the latest version of enterprise though, not sure if that resolved it but perhaps. 

0 Kudos