Client install errors

Jump to solution
03-08-2024 06:54 AM
SvendeKoning
New Contributor

I am new to experience builder and have some troubles getting started.

I tried to install the experience builder 1.13 as described here: https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/install-guide/

I managed to do the Server install and got it running on https://localhost:3001/

I got stuck at installing the Client install as described here:

SvendeKoning_0-1709909077080.png

Some warnings at the installation script:

SvendeKoning_1-1709909151908.png

And errors when started:

SvendeKoning_2-1709909228404.png

The file src/app.js as referenced in the package.json does not exists in the client source tree.

SvendeKoning_3-1709909265802.png

SvendeKoning_4-1709909407377.png

Any hints how to proceed?

Regards,

Gertwin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you have a custom widget already? According to your error you have a folder named osm-experiencebuilder. Directly inside that folder Experience Builder expects to find a file named manifest.json that must have a name property exactly matching the name of the folder, osm-experiencebuilder. Experience Builder is very picky about file names and structures and will not compile if they are not correct.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you have a custom widget already? According to your error you have a folder named osm-experiencebuilder. Directly inside that folder Experience Builder expects to find a file named manifest.json that must have a name property exactly matching the name of the folder, osm-experiencebuilder. Experience Builder is very picky about file names and structures and will not compile if they are not correct.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
SvendeKoning
New Contributor

Yes, the name field in the manifest was different from the folder name.
Now it is building without errors and the widget is visible in Experience Builder.

Thank you!

0 Kudos