Custom Widget Controlling Dialog

11-01-2022 11:44 AM
Labels (1)
JonathanKressin
New Contributor III

I am currently working on my custom version of the Map Layers widget.  I am adding new actions that can be performed on the layer.  What I am trying to do is for specifically identified layers, allow the user to click on an info icon and display basic information about the layer.  I don't want to use the built in functionality and take them to the layer definition as it wouldn't benefit most of our users.

I have the action displaying correctly and executing, but am having trouble figuring out the best way to display the information in a dialog.  My thought was to create a new dialog window in the builder, and then in the action execution code, display that window and use javascript to change the text in the dialog.

However, I am trying to figure out how to control the dialog.  I can get to dialog information thru:

const state = getAppStore()?.getState();
const dialogs = state.appConfig.dialogs;

And I see there is an appAction.currentDialogChanged that I can run thru getAppStore().dispatch()

If I am on the right track (which is debatable), I'm just not sure what I need to do with the dialog settings to indicate that it should be displayed.  And I haven't been able to find anyone else trying to do the same thing in EB.  

Any suggestions on my approach or alternative approaches would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
0 Replies