Dynamic Legend Symbol Scale

04-02-2024 04:17 PM
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor

I am using a List component to display details about features in a layer in a web map. I am showing the legend symbol using an Image component by connecting it to data and having it dynamically auto-populated. That part works great but I'd like to make the symbol bigger. There is a "Symbol scale" property with a slider but it doesn't appear to change the size of the symbol image. Am I missing anything about what the Symbol scale property does or how to use it?

Thanks for any input

DavidPuckett_0-1712099851352.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DavidPuckett 

Per my testing, the behavior seems to be affected by the choice of the symbol.

See if I use unique symbols based on a field value (left) vs. using a vector symbol (right), and both symbol scales set to level 5:

TonghuiMing_0-1713323170844.png

Based on your screenshot, I assume you have the same case as the second

TonghuiMing_1-1713323208618.png

This could be a potential bug. We will take a further look at it, and it would be helpful if you could share the web map with us, if possible.

Thanks for bringing this up,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this input @TonghuiMing Yes, I'm using a "Vector polygon" to show a hatch fill. And I can confirm your theory, switching it to a Basic shape solved that issue; the symbol does scale in the ExB app. I would prefer to use the hatch fill however as it works very well in this application. Can you keep us posted on a potential fix for this?

DavidPuckett_0-1713386307557.png