Edit Functionality - Copy & Paste Features and Attributes

12-07-2023 12:48 PM
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any editing functionality in Experience Builder that is equivalent to the workflow in Field Maps where you can copy features, shapes, and attributes? This is a necessary functionality for our staff's editing workflows so that the same field names & attributes can be carried over, or field mapped if possible.

If not yet available, I am happy to submit a community idea in the Ideas forum.

Tags (2)
5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The Experience Builder Edit widget does not currently support copy and paste. Check this thread for more details on the current status and a potential workaround.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/copy-features-function-missing-fro...

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
Tiff
by

Thank you @JeffreyThompson2, this could be a viable workaround for us. Do you know if the survey widget will also carry over attachments?

JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The Survey widget supports attachments.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
Tiff
by

Hi again @JeffreyThompson2.,thanks again for your support. I posted this in the initial thread but have not heard anything so thought I would ask you if you have existing experience with this survey widget.

Can you provide more detail on guidance and best practices to set this embedded survey up? In order to copy one feature to another, does it require Survey123 Connect with the same calculations/configuration as you would in a typical survey? It would be helpful to have steps that one would take to ensure that this works properly as part of the ExB widget.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I have not done it personally, so I can't offer any more detailed advice.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos