Editor widget applyEdits error (Dev Edition 1.11)

03-27-2023 07:33 PM
LeonAus
New Contributor III

I'm wondering if I'm getting this error because of something I've miss configured or it's a bug.

I've installed the Dev Edition 1.11 and am testing out the Editor Widget. I've setup my layers and in testing a first edit I get this error:

0: "Error: Combination of parameters rollbackOnFailure = false & returnServiceEditsOption = originalAndCurrentFeatures for applyEdits operation is not supported."

extendedCode: -2147467259

Looking at the body of the request:

LeonAus_0-1679970155186.png

and the documentation of applyEdits, the originalAndCurrentFeatures option is only valid when rollBackOnFailure is true. As rollBackOnFailure isn't being set in the request, I'm guessing it's defaulting to false, which is causing my error.

Is there a way I can get the Editor Widget to send the rollBackOnFailure parameter as true without customizing?

My edit layer is an ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 Feature Service with the data in an Enterprise Geodatabase.

13 Replies
ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

Our team is also experiencing the same issue in the same environment. Except for some reason, we are able to create point features no problem but get the "Error: Combination of parameters rollbackOnFailure = false & returnServiceEditsOption = originalAndCurrentFeatures for applyEdits operation is not supported."  when creating a polygon feature. 

Just curious if anyone saw this issue upgrading to Enterprise 11.1 yet to see if it "solves" the issue? 

0 Kudos
MichailMarinakis1
Occasional Contributor II

@AndyGup 

we are suspecting that there is a bug with the editor widget in ArcGIS SDK for JavaScript, that impacts custom web apps and functionalities on the experience builder. 

It is reproducible at version 4.26.5 but not in the 4.26.1. There are further details in the comments above. 

Please let us know about any feedback! Thank you!

TianWen
Esri Contributor

Please work with the support team to make a reproducible app, then we'll investigate it ASAP. Thanks for the post!

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Hi, we have logged this as BUG-000157217,  it took some sleuthing but have determined a fix and plan on addressing this for 4.27.